You might be a brand or small business owner who’s active on several social media platforms. Or a social media manager who handles the social media profiles of different clients. Either way, managing multiple social media accounts simultaneously can be overwhelming.
You have to be mindful of a myriad of things: the best social network to post to, image and video formats, trends, hashtags, and the ever-changing social media algorithms.
Just like any major workload, managing multiple social media accounts and staying sane is all about being organised. It’s about finding the most efficient way to do each social media management task and design clear and beautiful processes.
Social media management can be daunting and time-consuming. If you’re juggling multiple accounts, efficiency and preparation are key. Let digital agency I Concept walk you through the dos and don’ts of consolidating and managing different social media accounts well and effectively.
The value of social media for business
Social media marketing can take your business to new heights. Maybe you already know it’s essential, but let’s break down the specific perks, social media accounts give a company.
- Ability to promote your business (locally, nationally, regionally) affordably
- Access to networking with other creators and businesses
- PR and reputation building, giving your business a definitive brand
- Wider reach of potential customers
- Direct increase of sales
Whole social media, in general, is beneficial to a wholesome and integrated marketing plan, each platform has its unique ability to reach new customers. This means it’s crucial to have a presence of the different apps.
Why should you have multiple social media accounts?
With so many social media platforms, it can be confusing deciding which ones to utilise. Especially considering the strategy on each app is slightly different. While it may not feel worth the effort to use multiple accounts, here’s a list of 5 top reasons why a company should manage multiple social media accounts instead of just one.
- Increase visibility and brand awareness. A large part of your potential customers will have a profile on at least one social network. And certain apps resonate with different demographics, so you’re casting a much wider net of potential customers by using multiple accounts.
- Improve the online reputation of your business. Social media is a great place to define your brand’s personality, showcase your brand identity and establish who you are, and each app has its ways to do that. For example, Instagram can showcase videos and behind-the-scenes footage. In contrast, Twitter is a great place to show witty and snappy comments. Each app allows a different type of creativity and connection with your audience.
- Facilitate communication between the company and customers. Social media gives brands a direct communication channel. Customers love how accessible brands are on social media; it helps build trust between the brand and customers.
- Promote products or services with different strategies. As mentioned earlier, each social media platform works differently. The preferred content and algorithms vary, giving you more opportunities to reach people in creative ways. When managing multiple social media accounts, you can create different marketing strategies to promote your products and services. Always remember to include good digital copywriting to fish in the right audience.
- Analyse your competitors. Another advantage of social networks for companies is quickly detecting your competitors and studying what does and doesn’t work for them. You can see what content in your niche does well on each app to help guide your strategy.
Tips to an effective social media strategy across platforms
You may need a good strategy to see effective growth and sales through social media, but the good news is creating a good plan isn’t as complicated as it seems.
Here are five actionable steps for you to follow. You’ll have everything you need to build a successful strategy, and even better if you cleverly use some apps and tools that help you post on the different platforms.
- Create a plan for each social media channel. The most significant deciding factor for success is a well-thought plan. Even if you are just starting and experimenting with the different types of content, you need to first have a strategy. And you need to tailor and customise your plans according to the type of social media channel.
- Post regularly. Regularity is key, whether it is for the platform to show off your content to its audience, or for the sake of connecting with your clients and potential customers. Different social media platforms run their own different algorithms, and well-paced, regular posting and sharing of content, as well as on-platform interactions, will determine how they push your brand and your content forward in the chain. Developing a routine helps you be consistent and predictable to your audience. Show off your brand identity, and help the platforms see and favour your content over others.
- Use social media management tools. It can be a challenge to post on different channels at multiple intervals in a day, but with a social media tool, the job is made that much easier. Just open up the tool or application, create and plan your content, and schedule a month’s worth of content.
- A/B testing is important. Such tests allow you to see what works best between two different things, and is a great way to experiment with different tones of voice, hashtags, descriptions and titles. Comparing the data will allow you to note what performs better for your brand, and help narrow down your strategy.
- Take advantage of hashtags. Good and clever digital copywriting will attract the viewers to read your post, but it’s the hashtags that the platforms will use to decide what and when to show its audience. It’s one of the best ways to expand your social media reach organically. When you manage multiple social media accounts, you can measure your efforts and analyse performance by tracking the hashtags you are using.
Go big on social media, go far with I Concept in your social media game
And now you know all about managing your brand’s work across multiple social media platforms, and how to level up on your digital marketing strategy.
Still unsure how your brand should be tackling social media, I Concept may be able to help!
As a distinguished creative digital agency in Singapore, we have years of experience in social media management and digital marketing, working with many of your familiar brands to help with their social media strategies.
With an understanding of your preferences and your business needs, our team of experienced strategists and designers will guide you to creating quality posts content and draw up effective campaigns, helping you reach your target audience.
Get in touch with us today!